A former student stopped by and he is pursuing a career in fabrication and welding.
- When did you graduate from Arts and Tech?
- How long did you take manufacturing classes here?
5 years, or 8 class periods
- What types of projects did you do when you were here?
I worked on the solar car project. Welding projects. Machining on the Bridgeport and lathe. Spray paint art.
- Now that you have graduated, what are you doing?
Working at Discount Tire. I was at puget sound mobile trailer repair and Aero Machining.
- How has this class prepared you for your future?
This class gave me useful knowledge and skills
- What was your favorite part of being in this class?
Being able to work on projects and build things.
- If you had one more year in the shop, what would you make or learn?
I would learn how to make roll cages and off road bumpers.
- Do you have any advice for our younger shop students?
Don’t screw around and don’t procrastinate
Here is a selection of Doug’s old work